Salt is a popular choice for many pool owners. Once seen as the ultimate low maintenance pool care option, popularity is somewhat waning as pool owners object to the environmental impact on surrounding vegetation from draining salt pools and it’s tendency to cause corrosion in some pool systems.
If you’re considering a move to a salt system, it’s a good idea to know all of the facts first. Salt systems aren’t for everyone.
If you’re presently using and are happy with your salt system, Sani Marc can help you reduce the corrosion that can be caused by salt. Our Ocean Salt line of products has been specially formulated and designed to maximize the enjoyment and minimize the negative effects of a salt system so you can enjoy your pool worry-free!
- Salt Chlorine Generators, also referred to as Salt Chlorinators, Saltwater Chlorinators or Salt Chlorinating Systems are actually miniaturized chlorine manufacturing plants: the same technology is utilized.
- The devices electrolytic ally convert salt, in the pool or spa water, into chlorine as it passes over specially coated titanium electrode plates.
- Salt must be added to the pool or spa prior to start up, as directed.
- Salt is normally added to water in a concentration from 2500 to 6000 ppm (2.5 g to 4.0 g / L of water) or according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Thereafter, salt need only be added occasionally, to replace that lost due to splash out, pump outs or backwashing.
- Properly used, there is much less sensation of chlorine being present. The other water analysis parameters must be maintained, as with any chlorine-maintained pool.
- Easy-to-use and convenient
- Eliminates chlorine handling and storage
- Reduces chemical usage
- Simplifies chemical maintenance